Friday, August 11, 2006

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.



Let's take a look at some fall fashion. Thanks to Mr. Marc Jacobs the Louis Vuitton collection was among my favorites. If I had the means I would buy most of the collection!

Marc Jacobs is known for layering and the grunge look, but with the Louis collection he tames these themes down. The layering is more deliberate and a bit more translateable into everyday wear. The Louis collection also has a more sophistocated look than Marc Jacobs collection or Marc by Marc. Part of me wishes LV would do an expansion line (like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, or D&G) so that I could afford the ready to wear (dropping $1000 on a bag is so different to spending that much on a shirt!!). On the other hand, that would compromise the luxury of the brand... *sigh* Fashion is so complicated.

The looks shown are my absolute favorites from the collection. The Sprouse red and black leopard print is hotter than hot! I hate knock-offs, but if I see a good reproduction of something with this print I will be faced with quite the moral dilemma!! It looks fabulous by itself or layered with a classy tweed. (Which, by the way, Marc by Marc has so great tweed pieces this season.)

It looks as if fur is here in a big way this fall. I already have a Marc fur lined hoodie, but I need more more more! The Louis fur muff/fanny pack might be the collest accessory I have seen in a long time. (I am definately going to be looking into buying one...) I also love the fur mini. I will be suprised if I see this look outside of the fashion editorials, but I really love teh silouette it creates.

One more thing-- the bucket hats! I love them! I need one! So perfect for that cold morning when you hit the snooze button too many times. Just throw it on with jeans and a coat-- fashion forward in moments!

No comments: