Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Regarding "The Vision"

I started talking to Abby about The Vision today. I haden't thought about it in some time.

The first time I heard it was in Ensenada, Mexico during our Summer 2001 youth group mission trip down there. Dan the Brit read it and it struck me like a load of bricks. Every word resonated with me. I needed to get my hands on a copy. Dan (I think it was him) managed to print a copy of it out for me. (Back then it was just an email from another YWAMer in London. Now it's sort of all over.)

I transicribed the whole thing into my computer and printed it out and artfully glued it into my "Book of Love" that I made to take with me on my DTS in the Fall. I read it often and it provided much insrpiration into the way I wanted my life to be.

These day's I struggle just to keep my head out of the clouds. Being around clothing, fashion, labels, money, thinness, etc. all the time can wear a girl down. In the Bible, Paul encourages us to be IN the world but not OF the world. Man is that ever hard!! They only way I can ever be successful is to take every step with God. To hold his hand along the way and to walk the path that he had lain out for me. (So much harder than it sounds!)

So The Vision came up in conversation over our dinner date tonight and I told her I'd find it and post it so she could read it. I had a heck of a time trying to convey the message, the point of it to her without the actual words in front of me. Like, I get it. I know it. Heck, I practically have it memorized, but it's hard to say exactly what it is (without it sounding kind of creepy or something).

I guess it is a manifesto of sorts. The kind of person I want to be. Let's just leave it at that.

No comments: