Sunday, May 10, 2009

An SNL Sketch of my Life

So I am driving down Cape Charles to meet the Halvorsen clan in Virginia Beach. Most of this trip I have been listening to audiobooks and Bible studies. I finished listening to Genesis and decided to listen to some tunes the rest of the way to Va Beach. I hit 'Shuffle Songs' as I usually do since I didn't really know what I wanted to listen to. 

I don't remember what song came on first, but it was something I had put on a mix for Jimi- skip. The next song was also something that reminded me of him- skip. Then there was a love song- skip. Then a breakup song- skip. Then another Jimi song- skip. Seriously? This went on for a good 10 minutes until Shawn Colvin's The Facts About Jimmy came on. OMG, Really? Is this really happening right now?

Fortunately, it was hilarious. I felt like my iPod was playing a joke on me. Like I was on candid camera or something!

I turned it off and drove the last 20 or so minutes with the windows down and enjoyed the scenery music free.

No comments: