Monday, July 13, 2009

Northern District

This is Derek Walker.

Sometimes I call him my best friend, sometimes we lie and say we're siblings, sometimes I just take his order at Peet's (medium low fat iced mocha in a large cup- no whip).

Derek is a musician. He leads worship at Cornerstone Fellowship here in Livermore, and his most recent musical endeavor is a collaboration (not sure I'd really call it a band...) called Northern District. I voted for Northern Knives, but it's not my project so apparently my vote didn't count.

Northern Distrct doesn't have a website yet, but Derek just started a blog. Derek, the ever private songwriter is finally sharing a piece of himself and his songs with the mindless masses (and us).

This is great news. Derek is brilliant. Really. People say that about their friends. They love them so things sound better, but I am 99% sure that he really is brilliant. Yes, I love the guy, but he has a gift like I have never heard in real life before and I am proud to call him my friend.

Listen to his songs. You won't regret it.

No comments: