Wednesday, August 26, 2009

On Prayer (again)

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.


Last week I decided to seek out some answers on prayer. I didn't. In fact, I hardly thought about it after I wrote my blog post. Whoops.

But here's the thing. I got answers.

Last week we prayed for one of the girls boyfriend to get a job. He did.
Last week we prayed that my wedding photo gig would go amazingly well. It did.
Last week we prayed for reconciliation in one of the girls lives. It's starting.
Last week we prayed for Ingrid to get into classes at Los Positas. She did.
Last week I prayed I would see answers to prayer, and I did!

Ingrid and I had a long conversation after Bible study tonight about prayer. God is listening. He is here. He is moving. I can see it. She can see it. When we pray for things, they happen. It's amazing.

Not in a God is like the genie from Aladdin amazing, but in like a my heart is slowly but surely becoming like God's so when I pray things happen kind of amazing.

I still need to seek the Lord on this. I still want to know more, and to see much, much more... but we are moving in the right direction. We are moving towards God.

No comments: