Monday, October 12, 2009

Church of Peet's

So I work at Peet's Coffee. (Please don't stalk me.) I really like my job. I love coffee, I love interacting with customers, I love the people I work with... but what I really love is the community. Coffee shop community... or as I shall refer to it from here on out, the Church of Peet's.

For awhile now I have been meaning to blog about the older couples that come in every morning together. There are three of these couples in particular that I just love. One couple walks to Peet's together, one couple gets their coffee for here and sits together for the better part of an hour, and one man- when his wife isn't with him- always brings her something. I love that they set aside time to be together. They all seem like they have been married a long time- they're older and have that deep cadence that married couples have... I want to be like them. They make my heart happy and give me something to aspire to.

But that's not what this entry is about.

By about 10am every morning every chair in the cafe has a butt in it. People talking, catching up, making deals, studying the Word. It's amazing. There are a lot of Bible studies that happen at Peet's on a weekly basis. It amazes me how many of our regular customers are Christians. It's probably safe to say that at any given time there are Christians meeting in that space sharing their lives, studying or praying. I love it!! I feel like I am a part of something bigger. God is moving. He is here.

Today when I was taking the trash out I overheard a man sharing the Gospel with another man. The basic gospel. Missionary status. It was so exciting! And got to be a part of it! The whole time I did trash I prayed for them. It was awesome.

Man, God is so good. This is a great time to be alive.

No comments: