Sunday, October 25, 2009

We Love Love



Today I shot Scott and Ingrid's engagement photos. Ingrid is one of my dearest friends and I have so loved watching her become the woman she is today over the last several years. She is very much like a little sister to me... easy on the little, heavy on the sister.

I couldn't be happier for her and Scott- they are meant for each other, though I had not seen the depth of that until today.

This afternoon we went to Tildon Park in Berkeley where Scott proposed. We reenacted the proposal for the photos. It was... it's hard to find the words... It was striking. I have never in my life seen a man look at a woman the way Scott looked at Ingrid. His face radiated with love, joy and the Lord. I can't explain it any other way, but God was there and I got to be a part of it... and hopefully, catch it on camera.

Today was a perfect, wonderful, beautiful, love filled day. I love my life and the Bay and my friends and the LOVE that God has put in us.

And the Avett Brothers...
And I was sick with heartache
And she was sick like Audrey Hepburn when I met her
But we would both surrender
True love is not the kind of thing you should turn down
Don't ever turn it down

I hope that I don't sound to insane when I say
There is darkness all around us
I don't feel weak but I do need sometimes for her to protect me
And reconnect me to the beauty that I'm missin'
And in January we're gettin' married

No comments: