Monday, March 15, 2010

Something's Gotta Give

I have gypsy blood. Or something.

I've been in Livermore since June... and I am so ready to leave. Not that I don't love my community here to pieces. I think having such a strong community behind me is what enables me to strike out into the world with confidence.

I have all these ideas, all these dreams. How do I choose what's next? How do I know what God's plan is? I am listening. Praying. Itching to go.

Seriously it's like I have bugs under my skin. That's how bad I want to go.

I want to go to India and take 400 million photographs. I want to hike through the jungle again (this time fearlessly). I want to teach English in Korea. I want to lay on the beach in Fiji. I want to eat myself silly in Thailand. I want to help the helpless, save the lost, bring light to the cause... and here I am, in one of the richest communities in the world, making lattes. Sigh.

The words on the bottom of the church bulletin constantly replay in my mind

What do I do now?

No comments: