Saturday, October 03, 2009

Spirit filled alcoholic potluck

About 40 people, strangers and life long friends ( all strangers to me save 2) hold hands in the dark around a dying bonfire. The full moon shines bright as the voices murmer together,

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Amazing. Hallelujah, praise the LORD!

Dalene and I had the wonderul privledge of attending an open bonfire AA ( Alcoholics Anonymous) meeting tonight. Eveyone shared about fellowship and therefore told a smidge of their stories. Never have I seen so many dramaticly, outwardly transformed people. Praise God for His work in them!

The transparency, humility and community that are at the core of the AA program just blow me away. It's such an effective ministry even though it's not necessarily a Christian program.

Tonight was a great night. It made me so thankful for the wonderful community inhave around me in livermore and so excited to live a spirit filed life and see where He leads me. God is so good, isn't He?!

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!!


We're having a great trip! We got to meet my new cousin, Emily; visit salvation mountain and go t an alcoholics potluck bonfire! (and let me tell you, they can cook!!) Tomorrow- the Grand Canyon!!

No comments: