Monday, December 14, 2009

Clean Water.

From Clean Water for the World by Tales from the Motherhood:

"Approximately every 20 seconds a child dies from a water-related illness.

Approximately 1.1 billion people do not have access to safe and clean drinking water.

It's estimated that it would take approximately $10 billion to give the world clean drinking water.
That seems like a lot of money.
Until you hear that each year Americans spend about $450 billion on Christmas.
Clean water for all is so possible.
I know many of you already have tight budgets so let me help you out. Instead of a contest where I give away a rubber chicken that you must really work for . . . I am doing a really easy giveaway. I want to get people excited about making clean water happen for the world. So from now until December 15th:

1. Leave a comment on this post (on the actual blog, not the facebook note) and I will donate $2 towards clean water.
2. Tweet or facebook this post and I will give another $2 towards clean water. Then leave a comment (on the blog, not the facebook note so I can keep track of it in one place) letting me know of your tweeting/facebooking activity.
3. Link this post from your blog and I will give another $2 toward clean water. Then leave a comment letting me know that you've linkified this.

In other words, each person has the opportunity to give up $6 toward clean water by simply exercising their fingers for a few seconds. And feel free to leave a random fact about your self in your comment. Because I like random facts."

Do not comment on my blog. I am not doing this. Please go to Clean Water for the World

1 comment:

TDM Wendy said...

Thanks for your clean water comments!