Sunday, December 13, 2009

Party like a Farmer

Today was awesome. Let me tell you why.

Church was so good! Pastor Steve taught from Isaiah about the virgin birth of Christ and how we should party because of it.

The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.

You have enlarged the nation
and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you
as people rejoice at the harvest,
as men rejoice
when dividing the plunder...

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:2-6


What that says it we're supposed to party like farmers. He went on to talk about dancing and having a good ol time. We have so much to celelbrate this season! The birth of the Messiah!!! Amazing.

Also, his sermaon was really short, so that was good. And also we sang Christmas songs in church which is my absolute favorite thing in the world.

After church Scott, Ingrid and I went to lunch then Ing and I went to the City to look for wedding shoes and bridesmaid dresses. It was super fun. I love her. Our entire conversation on the way there was spoken in fake British accents. We are awesome. Ingrid even found a YouTube video on how to speak proper English.




Then we saw this lady singing on Maiden Lane... I was first tempted to make a joke about it 'being over' but then her voice captivated me! We stood and listened for several minutes. I could have stayed for hours.




When we got back to my house Scott came over and we made grilled cheese sandwiches and cinnamon rolls. It was the perfect Sunday.

No comments: