Friday, April 24, 2009

"Houston, we have a problem."

Wow, what a couple of days it has been! Wednesday Dave took me to see The Faint and Ladytron at Granada Theater in Dallas. We got there a bit late- a couple songs into Ladytrons set. Halfway through a song they stopped and never played again. Their equipment broke or something, and being an electronic band, they could not go on. SO disappointing!! The Faint were totally awesome though and we danced our hearts out!!

Thursday I was going to go to Austin but randomly decided not to and went to Houston instead. I went to Johnson Space Center which was super exciting, but would have been much more fun had mom been there... then I went to Brazos Bend State Park (home of the alligator) and camped. 

Its a beautiful (safe) park, but I had a really tough time sleeping. It was too warm to sleep in the car really so I was awake most of the night with the door open. I am now covered in bug bites. UGH. Today I bought a tent at Target. Now I'll be cool and the bugs can't get me. 

Today I drove through Galveston Island on my way to Baton Rouge. It was quite the place, for sure. Everything looked old and beaten up- we can thank hurricane Ike for that. I've never seen that sort of devastation. It was depressing... and the water looked to angry! It was brown and raging, though the sky was blue. I didn't much like it. 

The best part of Galveston was taking the ferry back to mainland Texas. It was free and super fun!! I love being on the water. It made me wish I lived in the times where to travel to London I could take a 3 month boat trip from New York. I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Now I am in Baton Rouge staying with the nicest family. Southern hospitality at its best! They took me out for cajun food. I had boudin balls, crawfish, gumbo and a shrimp poboy. I think my new life plan may be to move to Louisiana and become devilishly fat.

Tomorrow, New Orleans!!

No comments: